The S.S. Bromo
- 2147 tons
- built in 1888 in Flushing, Netherlands
- owned by Rotterdam Lloyd Line
- named after a volcano in Java
- sold in 1900 to Pickford and Black
Captain Adelbert MacKinnon salvaged this etching from the wreck of the Bromo and placed it on the inner door of his front porch. Whether coming or going, one would always see the ship's bow first. The etching was given to the museum by his daughter, Anna MacKinnon.