Please note: The link shows the Digital Volunteer and the Confidentiality Agreements that will be sent to you via email. If you wish to become a Digital Volunteer, email us with the title "Digital Volunteer". Please include in your email: your name, the email address you would like to use for volunteering and the transcription number of the project you'd like to work on. You will be contacted within 1-3 business days with a confirmation of your email, as well as the agreements.
Digital Volunteer Agreement
A volunteer agreement is the foundation of the working relationship between an organisation and its volunteers. A volunteer agreement clarifies the expectations of both parties in relation to length of time commitment, confidentiality, training, and adherence to the organisation’s policies and procedures. In addition, this agreement is to assure you that we appreciate your volunteering with us and to indicate our commitment to do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us a positive and rewarding one.
This Digital Volunteer Agreement is a description of the arrangement between the Yarmouth County Museum and Archives and (_______________) in relation to your voluntary work.
Name of volunteer
Yarmouth County Museum and Archives commits to the following:
- To provide adequate information, support and training so you may meet the expectations as described in the Yarmouth County Archives Digital Volunteers description document
- To send all documentation required to ensure you may execute and complete your work.
- To assign you with a named supervisor who will provide you with regular support and will be available to answer any questions you may have while working on your project.
- To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To be receptive to any comments and feedback from all our volunteers.
- To value and recognise our volunteers as a significant resource in achieving the goals of our organisation.
The Digital Volunteer commits to the following (check the boxes):
- To perform my volunteer role to the best of my ability.
- To complete the work assigned in a timely manner.
- To provide regular updates to the Yarmouth County Museum and Archives on my progress.
- To follow the Yarmouth County Museum and Archives’ transcription format. As noted in the Yarmouth County Archives’ Digital Volunteers description.
- To let Yarmouth County Museum and Archives know of any changes in my contact email.
- To adhere to the digital volunteer and confidentiality agreements.
The Digital Volunteer must have a functional email that will be used to send the work and communicate through. All work and communication will be done through email.
This volunteer agreement is binding in honour only, and is not intended to be a legally binding contract between the volunteer and the organisation. Neither party intends any employment relationship to be created now or at any time in the future. This agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party.
Yarmouth County Museum and Archives representative
Printed Name: Lisette Gaudet Title: Archivist Signature:
Contact information: 902-742-5539 (telephone), email@example.com (email)
Printed Name: __________________________
Contact information: Telephone ______________ Email ______________________________
1 I understand that checking this box constitutes a legal signature confirming that I acknowledge and agree to the above Digital Volunteer Agreement.
Digital Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
By signing this Digital Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement, the Digital Volunteer agrees to keep confidential the documents sent to them for the purpose of transcription.
The Digital Volunteer agrees:
To not share any of the documentation sent to them for transcription purposes.
To delete the documentation sent to them within one week of completing the transcription work.
To not post or upload the documentation to any social media sites (such as Facebook), including; websites, blogs and all other pages on the internet.
That all documentation (original and transcribed) is owned by the Yarmouth County Museum and Archives.
By signing the Digital Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement, the Digital Volunteer acknowledges they have accepted the agreement as read.
__ I understand that checking this box constitutes a legal signature confirming that I acknowledge and agree to the above Digital Volunteer Agreement.
Yarmouth County Museum and Archives